Made in Folkestone is committed to showcasing the talent available in the Folkestone area by giving merchants a platform to present their handmade goods on. We want to ensure both merchants and buyers have a positive experience on Made in Folkestone. Please read on to find out more about your rights and what is expected of you as a listed merchants. By listing on our site, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- What Can Be Sold On Made In Folkestone
- Representing Yourself & Your Listings Honestly
- Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
- Providing Great Customer Service
- Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns, and Exchanges
- Payment Terms & Expectations
WHAT CAN BE SOLD ON MADE IN FOLKESTONE
We pride ourselves on encouraging users to buy local and to be able to experience the Folkestone high-street online by listing products they won’t find elsewhere. Everything listed on Made In Folkestone must be handmade, designed and / or curated in and around the Folkestone area.
If you sell handmade items, you agree that:
- All handmade items are made or designed by you. If you work with a production partner, you must disclose that production partner in your relevant listings.
- You accurately describe every person involved in the making of an item when sending us a product description.
- You are using your own photographs – not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other merchants or sites.
If you are selling personalised or made-to-order items, you agree that:
- All listings are available for purchase at a set price.
- If you are using photographs of previous work with options for customisation (like colour choices) included in the listing, it is clear when you send us your description that the photos shown are just examples.
REPRESENTING YOURSELF & YOUR LISTINGS HONESTLY
All merchants should make sure they honestly and accurately represent their products when sending product descriptions across or when supplying an about you summary for the site.
When listing on Made In Folkestone you agree to:
- Provide honest and accurate information about you and your products.
- Accurately represent your products in listings and in listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others.
- Not engage in any fee avoidance.
- Not coordinate pricing with other merchants.
PRIVACY AND PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are responsible for protecting buyers’ personal information you receive or process, and you must comply with all relevant legal requirements. This includes applicable data protection and privacy laws that govern the ways in which you can use Made In Folkestone user information.
In particular, when you sell using our services, you may receive and determine what to do with certain personal information, such as when communicating with users and entering into transactions with buyers. This means you process personal information (for example, buyer name, email address, and shipping address) and, to the extent you do so, under EU law, you are an independent controller of data relating to other users that you may have obtained through the services.
You are responsible for protecting user personal information you receive or process and complying with all relevant legal requirements when you use the services. This includes applicable data protection and privacy laws that govern the ways in which you can use a user’s information. For more information on the General Data Protection Regulation, see more resources at https://gdpr-info.eu and http://gdprandyou.ie.
As a data controller (that is someone who decides what personal data is collected and the purpose you’ll use the data for) to the extent that you process user personal information outside of the services, you may be required under applicable data protection and privacy laws to honour requests received from such users for data access, portability, correction, deletion, and objections to processing. Also, if you disclose personal information without the buyer’s proper consent, you are responsible for that unauthorised disclosure. This includes, for example, disclosures you make or unintentional data breaches. For example, you may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for Made in Folkestone related communications or for Made in Folkestone facilitated transactions. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorised transactions. Without the buyer’s consent,, you may not add any Made in Folkestone users to your email or physical mailing list, use that buyer’s identity for marketing, or obtain or retain any payment information. Please bear in mind that you're responsible for knowing the standard of consent required in any given instance.
If Made in Folkestone and you are found to be joint data controllers of personal information, and if Made in Folkestone is sued, fined, or otherwise incurs expenses because of something that you did in your capacity as a joint data controller of buyer personal information, you agree to indemnify Made in Folkestone for the expenses it occurs in connection with your processing of buyer personal information.
PROVIDING GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
We want to ensure everyone who interacts with Made in Folkestone receives a high level of customer service. As a merchant, you agree to:
- Honour and dispatch your items on receipt of a purchase order from Made in Folkestone within 3 working days.In cases where products take longer to process and deliver, please make this clear to us and we will include the details of this in the product description. Merchants are obligated to dispatch an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
- Honour the commitments made in your listings.
- Contact one of the Made in Folkestone team if you are unable to complete an order.
Unless through exceptional circumstances discussed with a member of the team, we will be operating a 3 strike rule with any merchants who do not adhere to the above. If a merchant reaches 3 strikes, Made in Folkestone reserves the right to remove their products from the site.
RESPONDING TO REQUESTS FOR CANCELLATIONS, RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
Please be aware that in addition to this policy, each country has its own laws surrounding delivery, cancellations, returns and exchanges. Please familiarise yourself with the laws of your own country and those of your buyers’ countries.
PAYMENT TERMS & EXPECTATIONS
Once an order has been placed, Made In Folkestone will deduct 15% as commission from the product's price, unless otherwise agreed at the point of products being uploaded to the site. The price on the site should include the total cost of your product including postage and packaging. Shopify take a transaction and processing fee for each order placed which we deduct from our 15% commission.
Made in Folkestone will transfer money earned, via bank transfer, once proof of postage is provided for the customer’s order or the customer has confirmed receipt of the product, whichever is sooner. We receive payments from Shopify (our platform) every 6 days from purchase and will provide payments on a weekly basis.